Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Hunk of a Monk ... ey


Our little man is now six months old. He has made some major milestones this week. He can now sit for about a minute unassisted and has cut his first tooth (the second is almost through). We went to the doctor for his check up and he weighed in at 17 pounds and 4 ounces and 26.25 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for each. He has a cold and an ear infection so we are now on antibiotics. The doctor suggested that since Nathan's skin is so sensitive (he gets skin irritations so easily), to use Tide free and clear detergent and Aveeno soap and lotion. I told Nathan that he is already high maintenance. He is going to end up with as many products as his Uncle Nic!
We are still trying to get him to eat baby food, but he is not interested at all (unless it is ice cream - thanks to Mimi). When I try to give him a bite, he closes his mouth tight. If I do manage to get a bite in, he gags and pushes his tongue out until most of the food is out. I gave him a few days rest from it thinking that with healing the ear infection and maybe maturing a little would help him, but nope. Although, I think he does not like eating from a spoon because he would suck it off my finger. It's amazing how they have a mind of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment